The best way to get to know a place is through the local people
We offer unique, culinary experiences in English, German and Spanish as day trips or multi-day tours through La Mancha away from established tourism routes. We enable extraordinary contacts and experiences that are otherwise hardly possible for individual travelers in this region. We help to create authentic experiences with and through locals, immersing you in the culture and lifestyle of La Mancha.
We are at home in La Mancha, here we know the roots. We want to share with you our passion for travel, wine, good food and La Mancha. Immerse yourself in the true and individual soul of La Mancha!
Make authentic experiences with locals during a stopover in the region or a layover from Madrid and experience the real Spain! We offer the following single-day tours all year round:
Discover La Mancha wines
Description: Discover the excellent wines from La Mancha during an entertaining wine tasting at one of Valdepeñas' oldest family-owned wineries! Here you have the opportunity to engage more intensively with different grape varieties and expand your knowledge of wine: you will be introduced interactively into the world of wine - accompanied by exciting, historical anecdotes and poetry. The wines are served with Spanish snacks. The tour also includes a guided tour of the family-owned winery.
Place: the wine tasting will take place in Valdepeñas. We are happy to organize a transfer to Valdepeñas and back.
- On request we also offer culinary wine tastings. You will learn which regional specialties harmonize wonderfully with the different grape varieties.
- During the grape-harvest (around the end of August - beginning of October), there is the opportunity to observe winegrowers working on the vineyard and even to collaborate! When the weather is fine, a warm lunch is prepared on the vineyard, which you can help prepare and eat on site.
Dinner with locals
Description: Visit locals at home, indulge in an evening of delicious local cuisine and immerse yourself in the Mancha culture and lifestyle for an evening. The dinner includes tapas, a 3-course meal and drinks.
Place: the dinner will take place in Valdepeñas. We are happy to organize a transfer to Valdepeñas and back.
- We also offer the dinner as a cooking class, where you learn from local people how to prepare regional dishes (such as gachas, migas) or a full Spanish menu.
World of Olive Oil
Description: The tour starts with a visit to the family-owned olive grove, where you will learn how olives are grown and harvested. Afterwards, you will get to know the entire production process of olive oil in an oil mill. During the harvest season (around the beginning of November - end of March) you can watch live how olive oil is made! During the last part of the tour you will learn during an olive oil tasting what constitutes a good olive oil, how it tastes and what differences there are between the different types of olive oil and quality levels.
Place: :this tour will take place in Valdepeñas. We are happy to organize a transfer to Valdepeñas and back.
- During the olive harvest (about the beginning of November - the end of March) there is the possibility to be there on site and even to collaborate!
- Culinary Olive Oil Tasting: Learn from locals which olive oil tastes best with which food.
Discover Manchego Cheese
Description: Manchego cheese is obtained from the milk of sheep of the breed Manchega and is protected under the designation of origin D.O. Queso Manchego. The tour includes a tour of the dairy, where you will learn about the whole process of making Manchego cheese. You can also taste different varieties of the internationally awarded Manchego cheese.
Duration: 2,5h (Monday - Friday)
Place: : The dairy is located near Valdepeñas, start of the tour and transfer is arranged individually.
- A visit to the dairy can be combined with a hike through the beautiful landscape of the Mancha. Please contact us and we will put together an individual tour for you!
- World of Saffron: Learn more about the world's most expensive spice, from harvest (late October to mid-November) to processing, to a cooking class where you learn how to use saffron in the kitchen and refine dishes.
- Tapas Tour: mingle with the locals and discover during a tapas tour excellent wines and delicious tapas!
Culinary Round Trips
Take the time to get to know the exciting region of La Mancha deeper. It is worth it! Immerse yourself in the culture and way of life of La Mancha during a multi-day, individually arranged round trip. You will live unforgettable adventures and unique experiences with locals! We offer all year round food trips and wine tours through La Mancha. Starting point of the tour are places in La Mancha or Madrid.
Sample Itinerary: 4 days food and wine tour
- Visit of a Manchego cheese dairy and tasting of Queso Manchego
- Visit to the family-owned winery El Trascacho: guided tour, wine tasting including Spanish tapas
- Vineyard tour including wine tasting
- World of olive oil: from olive growing in the olive grove to the production and tasting of olive oil
- Evening tapas tour of Valdepeñas
- Visit to the town of Almagro (exploration on your own)
- Cooking class of regional specialties with locals at home
- Typical Spanish breakfast