We want to give gourmets with children the opportunity to make exciting, culinary experiences with the whole family. In Spain children are (almost) taken everywhere. We do that personally too and we want to make that possible for you. Children are always welcome!
The gourmet tour with children includes various activities , which we have in the program and can easily be carried out with children or adapted to children.
- Manchego cheese: A guided tour through the dairy, where the process of making Manchego cheese is explained, and a visit to the sheeps in the barn will delight the little ones. At the final tasting, you can taste cheese of different maturity.
- Culinary wine tasting: This activity includes a guided tour of a winery dating back to 1881 and a wine tasting with matching tapas, where the children join in. For them, various types of grape must are offered for tasting.
- Discovering Gachas Manchegas: During your visit to the flour mill, you can watch as flat peas are ground to flour in a mill, and how the typical dish from La Mancha "Gachas Manchegas" is made from it - and of course this dish is also tasted!
- The World of Olive Oil: We visit an olive grove where you and your children learn how olives are grown and harvested. Ther, on the spot we will taste different types of extra virgin olive oil accomanied by typical tapas. In addition, during the olive harvest (around early Nov. to end of March) a visit to the oil mill can be organized, where you can watch live how olive oil is made.
- Local cuisine: In this activity you have the opportunity to taste various dishes of the regional cuisine as part of a 3-course menu. The dishes are accompanied by the excellent wines of the region. Special children's meals are available for the children.
2-3 days, depending on how much program you organize besides the gourmet tour
The activities take place in Valdepeñas and surroundings.
465€ for a family of 2 adults and 2 children For larger families or groups as well as special offers please contact us. Contact
Included: culinary activities as described above
- This tour is an example tour. The tour can of course be adapted to your personal wishes and needs and that of your children.
- In the region there are numerous cultural and scenic attractions that can be combined with the tour and will delight children, such as the Lagunas de Ruidera Natural Park, the Las Tablas de Daimiel National Park, the windmills of Consuegra or Campo de Criptana, the Castle of Calatrava La Nueva, the Iberian archaeological site of Cerro de las Cabezas and much more. We are happy to advise you in this regard.