Gachas Manchegas are a typical dish from the region that you absolutely must try. They are prepared from the flour of flat peas (almorta) grown in the Mancha. When consumed, pieces of bread are dipped in the gachas, what reminds of fondue, which is why we call them also "manchego fondue".
During this activity we visit a flour mill, which is operated since 1931 in meanwhile 6th generation. Flat peas are ground still in the traditional way with the help of a stone grinding machine. We get to know the production process of "harina de almorta", look at the preparation of Gachas Manchegas and then taste them onsite.
Let yourself be surprised and make an extraordinary experience in La Mancha!
Duration of the activity is about 2 hours
It is a private activity that is available throughout the year.
The activity takes place near Valdepeñas.
- 2 persons: 31€ per person
- 4 persons: 22€ per person
- 6 persons: 21€ per person
- 8 persons: 20€ per person
Please contact us in case of larger groups. Contact
Included: Guided tour of the flour mill, tasting of Gachas Manchegas incl. Wine and water, transfer to the flour mill from Valdepeñas
- The visit to the flour mill is also suitable for families with children.
- This activity can be combined with other activities. More ideas can be found below. If you book multiple activities, you will receive a 10% discount.