If you're a foodie who wants to take time to live new culinary experiences in an exciting region, then this tour is for you. It includes various activities , which we have in the program and with which you get a deep insight into the gastronomy and lifestyle of La Mancha.
- Manchego cheese: a guided tour of the dairy, where the process of making Manchego cheese is explained, followed by a tasting of cheeses of different ages.
- Culinary Wine Tasting: this activity includes a guided tour of a winery dating from 1881 and a wine tasting with matching tapas in a stone-carved cellar surrounded by giant clay vessels.
- Discovering Gachas Manchegas: During your visit to the mill, you can watch flat peas being ground into flour in a traditional way and how the typical dish "Gachas Manchegas" is made from it. And of course we will also try it!
- The World of Olive Oil: We visit an olive grove where you and your children learn how olives are grown and harvested. Ther, on the spot we will taste different types of extra virgin olive oil accomanied by typical tapas. In addition, during the olive harvest (around early Nov. to end of March) a visit to the oil mill can be organized, where you can watch live how olive oil is made.
- Local cuisine: In this activity you have the opportunity to taste various dishes of the regional cuisine as part of a 3-course menu. The dishes are accompanied by the excellent wines of the region.
2-3 days, depending on how much program you organize besides the gourmet tour.
The activities take place in Valdepeñas and surroundings.
- 2 persons: 178 € per person
- 4 persons: 134 € per person
- 6 persons: 126 € per person
- 8 persons: 113 € per person
Included: culinary activities as described above
- This tour is an example tour. The tour can of course be adapted to your personal wishes and needs.
- There are many cultural and scenic attractions in the region that can be combined with the tour, such as the Lagunas de Ruidera Natural Park, the Las Tablas de Daimiel National Park, the windmills of Consuegra or Campo de Criptana, charming towns such as Almagro, Villanueva de los Infantes and Alcaráz, the Iberian archaeological site of Cerro de las Cabezas and much more. We are happy to advise you in this regard.